Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Customer Questions


A very dear customer of ours brought a good point to my attention today and I wanted to share it.

Keeping Good Company has officially gone electronic with our Newsletter and within our Newsletter there is a link to my dear ol'Blog. When Anna asked our customer had she been to our blog yet, her response was yes, and she proceeded to tell us how she liked it, but she was unsure of what a blog actually was. So, in conversation the suggestion came up that I should post a little bit of information on what a blog is.

I personally am not that knowledgeable on what a blog is, but as I started this I've learned quite a bit. It's become more of an addition, which I hear is common among bloggers. So I took the easy way and Googled "What is Blogging" and this is what I came up with...


A blog (a contraction of the term "Web log") is a Web site, usually maintained by an individual with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video.

Many blogs provide commentary or news on a particular subject; others function as more personal online Diaries. A typical blog combines text, images, and links to other blogs, Web Pages, and other media related to its topic. The ability for readers to leave comments in an interactive format is an important part of many blogs.

So that’s the technical definition of what a blog is, but to me it’s a way to communicate with other people and keep our customers up to date on what’s happening in our store. I try to post events we’re having such as sales or seminars, updates on new products coming into the store, and any other fun tid-bits I might have to share. Since blogging is new to me I love to hear what people think of the blog or suggestions they may have, so please leave me comments if you would. I have also found this whole new community within blogging of other stores which has become quite addicting!

No comments:

Post a Comment